Get Involved 2017 was a great success! Join us on September 19, 2018, along with our community members for an interactive nonprofit showcase and volunteer fair – Get Involved 2018!
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds
1900 East Main Street Suite 211
Danville, IN 46122
Learn about opportunities with local organizations seeking volunteers, board members, and partners. This casual and FREE event will provide creative ways for you to get involved in your community through local nonprofits and charitable organizations.
The Hendricks County Community Foundation is excited to connect our community to the charitable organizations within it.
Who can have a booth?
Any nonprofit or charitable group serving Hendricks County (This event Is not a fundraiser for HCCF or any
What Is provided?
A free booth! This event is free for nonprofits. As part of HCCF’s nonprofit capacity building grant making, HCCF is excited to connect our community to the charitable organizations in Hendricks County.
Each booth will have one 8 foot table, 2 chairs and a table cloth (feel free to bring your own branded one if you chose). HCCF will also provide special signage for each booth with your organizations’ name, the communities you serve, year established, if you have received HCCF grant money, and your chamber membership if applicable.
- Set up the day of the event between 12pm (noon) and 4:00pm.
- Attend the networking reception from 4:15pm – 5:15pm. Food and drinks will be provided.
- lnteract with attendees from 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Organizations are encouraged to provide an activity to interact with attendees and/or promote their mission. Examples: animal shelter has adoptable dogs and cats on site, music organization has drums or instruments, community development organization asks attendees how they can make Hendricks County better.
- Event passports will be provided to attendees to encourage them to visit a variety of booths.
- Tear down between 8:00 and 9:00 pm.
What Is expected for a nonprofit to participate?
Spread awareness of the event.
Organizations will receive a media kit to help spread the word on social media platforms, newsletters, enews etc. Be sure to use our event hash tag when talking about Get Involved: #GetIN17.
Create one PowerPoint slide about your organization and send to Frances Mock at email@example.com no later than Sept. 2nd.
Slide should lnclude: Logo if you have one, mission statement, tag fine and a few photos of your work In action.
Example shown here:
Please be sure to RSVP your organization for this event by August 8th.
The first 80 booths to register will be accepted for this event. For more Information or questions please contact Frances Mock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.268.6240.
Do you want to get plugged into Hendricks County?
We are always looking for community-minded individuals to engage with us through committee work, serving on our Board of Directors or volunteering to assist with events. Get plugged in with Hendricks County in a meaningful way!